Anne is an experienced workshop leader and teacher for all kinds of audiences. If you’re interested in bringing Anne in for a physical or virtual event, please get in touch and we’ll work together to build something specific to your context.
Examples of past sessions:
- (2022) “Private Losses and Public Needs: Slowing the Pace for Written Reflection among Teachers and Teacher Educators.” Critical Questions in Education Conference, Charleston SC.
- (2021) “Principles in Practice: Conversations with Authors,” National Council of Teachers of English, virtual session. Focus on principles for making decisions about writing instruction.
- (2020) “Write. Restore. Reflect.” Virtual journaling series for teachers affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. Focus on teacher wellness.
- (2020) “”Being a Teacher-Writer: From Practical to Radical!,” PANDAS Teacher Induction Series, National Writing Project. Focus on writing by teachers to benefit both kids and teachers.
- (November 30, 2019). “Where Writing Takes Us.” Invited Keynote, Australian Association of Teachers of English, Melbourne, Australia. (This article “Teachers Writing, Healing, and Resisting” is based on the keynote.)
For people of faith:
- (2021) “Writing to Restore Your Soul: The Spiritual Practice of Writing,” Weeklong intensive course, United Lutheran Seminary, virtual due to pandemic. Teaching written reflection as a spiritual practice.
- Writing for Discernment (multiple workshops for clergy as well as for college students in campus ministry)
- Writing to Connect with God (multiple workshops for congregations, adult retreats, and summer camp staff)